Couples / relationship counselling is a process indicated for couples who are experiencing difficulties in their relationship. It aims to provide the partners with a neutral space in which to reflect on their relationship with the help of an objective professional.
The process offers the couple time and space to reflect and explore their patterns of behaviour and help them understand why they feel and respond the way they do.
It also helps in developing a healthy dialogue between the partners where they can communicate openly and honestly with each other.
Dorit is very well experienced in working with couples and her focus is on assisting them to improve their communication skills, explore the reality of each other’s expectations, gain insight into their own personality and needs as well as their partner’s, and resolve conflict constructively.
Benefits of couples/relationship counselling
- Improving communication skills
- Changing unhealthy patterns of behaviour
- Learning to resolve conflict constructively
- Enhancing partners’ understanding of each other’s needs and expectations
- Restoring a sense of a loving connection in the relationship